Welcome to Read The Docs¶
Read the Docs hosts documentation for the open source community. It supports Sphinx docs written with reStructuredText, and can pull from your Subversion, Bazaar, Git, and Mercurial repositories. The code is open source, and available on github.
The main documentation for the site is organized into a couple sections:
Information about development and running your own instance is also available:
- Getting Started
- Build Process
- Read the Docs features
- Frequently Asked Questions
- My project isn’t building with autodoc
- How do I change behavior for Read the Docs?
- I get import errors on libraries that depend on C modules
- Can I make search engines only see one version of my docs?
- Deleting a stale or broken build environment
- How do I host multiple projects on one CNAME?
- Where do I need to put my docs for RTD to find it?
- I want to use the Blue/Default Sphinx theme
- I want to use the Read the Docs theme locally
- Image scaling doesn’t work in my documentation
- I want comments in my docs
- How do I support multiple languages of documentation?
- Do I need to be whitelisted?
- Does Read The Docs work well with “legible” docstrings?
- Alternate Domains
- Localization of Documentation
- VCS Integration
- Canonical URLs
- Single Version Documentation
- Privacy Levels
- Contributing to Read the Docs
- Running tests
- How we use symlinks
- Interesting Settings
- Administrative Tasks
- Read the Docs Public API